Murano ↔ Burano -
Connections to reach Burano from Murano
Murano, an ancient center of the Venice Lagoon, is famous for its glassmaking, furnaces and ateliers and the seat of the Glass Museum.
Navigation lines for Murano
You can go to the Island of Murano with the Actv vaporetto lines or with the Alilaguna boats.
The ACTV public water transport service in Venice and Mestre makes connections to every destination in the historic center of Venice and to the islands of the lagoon by water-buses of various cabotage.
Vaporetto lines arriving in Murano: Line 3, Line 4.1, Line 4.2, Line 7, Line 12, Line 13, Line NMU, Line NLN.
Alilaguna lines arriving in Murano: Blue Line, Red Line, Green Line (tourist).
Arriving by plane at Marco Polo Airport
Arriving by plane at Marco Polo Airport to get to Murano you can reach Murano directly from the Airport with the Blue Line and the Red Line (seasonal) of the Alilaguna service.
At night instead you have to reach Piazzale Roma in Venice by bus and then reach Murano by Actv vaporetto with the NLN or NMU night lines from Fondamente Nove.
Arriving to Venice by bus
Arriving by bus in Piazzale Roma you must reach Murano from Piazzale Roma with Line 3 (until about 6 pm) or line 4.2 (until about 9 pm) of the Actv vaporetto. From 9pm to 11pm with line 5.2 for Fondamente Nove and then line 4.1. At night you have to walk to the Fondamente Nove and take the NLN and NMU night lines.
Arriving to Venice by car
Arriving by car in Venice, park on Tronchetto Island or Piazzale Roma. In the first case, you must reach Piazzale Roma with the People Mover shuttle. Then you have to reach Murano with Line 3 (up to about 6pm) or line 4.2 (up to about 9pm). From 9pm to 11pm with line 5.2 for Fondamente Nove and then line 4.1. At night you have to walk to the Fondamente Nove and take the NLN and NMU night lines.
– Piazzale Roma car parks
– Isola del Tronchetto car parks
– People Mover shuttle service from Tronchetto
Can you get to Murano by car? No.
Arriving by train in Venice
Arriving by train at the Santa Lucia station, you must reach Murano with Line 3 (up to about 6pm) or line 4.2 (up to about 9pm). From 9pm to 11pm with line 5.2 for Fondamente Nove and then line 4.1. At night you have to walk to the Fondamente Nove and take the NLN and NMU night lines.
Arriving by ship in Venice
Arriving by ship at the Maritime Station, you can reach Murano directly from the Terminal with the Blue Line or the Red Line (seasonal from April to November) of the Alilaguna service.
Alternatively, you can reach Piazzale Roma with the People Mover shuttle. Then Murano or Fondamente Nove with Line 3 or Line 4.2. From 9pm to 11pm with line 5.2 for Fondamente Nove and then line 4.1. At night you have to walk to the Fondamente Nove and take the NLN and NMU night lines.
Vaporetto lines for Murano from the station and from Piazzale Roma
From Piazzale Roma and from Station to Murano on vaporetto you can arrive with 2 direct ACTV daytime vaporetto lines and 2 night lines. But line 3 (until about 6pm) and line 4.2 (until about 9pm) are only active during the day.
In the evening you go to Fondamente Nove with line 5.2 until 11.16 pm (line 4.2 stops departing from P.le Roma and only operates on Murano → Fondamente Nove service) and then line 4.1 for Murano.
At night you have to walk to Fondamente Nove and take the NMU night line or the NLN night line.
– Certainly the fastest solution is Line 3 but it is only active until about 6 in the evening.
– Then the fastest is Line 4.2 until about 9 in the evening. Then line 5.2 is used for Fondamente Nove and line 4.1 for Murano.
– At night you have to reach Fondamente Nove on foot and go to Murano with the NLN and NMU night lines.
Journey time: Line 3 in 21 min; line 4.2 in 37 min (4 min less from the station).
Vaporetto lines to get to Murano from other areas of Venice
– If you are close to Piazza San Marco the quickest solution is the direct line 7 Venice ↔ Murano; or line 4.1.Here you buy with the same price as the Ticket Office: 1 single € 7.50; 24 hours € 21; 2 days € 30; 3 days € 40; 7 days € 60.
– If you are at Fondamente Nove there are 4 lines that go to Murano: line 12, 13, 4.1, 4.2.
– At night you go to Murano only from Fondamente Nove with the NLN and NMU night lines.
You can choose the ticket valid for 75 minutes, 24 hours, 48 hours or 72 hours. Once bought, pick it up at the ticket office in Piazzale Roma (car and bus terminal) from 7.00 to 19.30.
- Show your smartphone voucher and collect a paper ticket at the Venezia Unica ticket office in Piazzale Roma; alternatively, enter the voucher number at any Venezia Unica self-service ticket machine.
- The validity of your tickets begins at the time of validation and ends at the same time (not at the end of the day)
What the service includes
- Instant ticket delivery.
- Smartphone tickets are accepted.
- Wheelchair accessible: wheelchair users pay € 1.50 and their carers will get a free ticket.
- Unlimited use of public transport (vaporetti and ACTV buses) in the city of Venice.
- Unlimited use of water buses and buses in Lido, islands of the lagoon and mainland (Mestre, Marghera).
Does not include the ACTV service to / from Marco Polo Airport, vaporetto lines 16, 19 and 21, Casinò and Alilaguna lines.