|In Venice Today.com|
|In Venice Today.com|
St. Mark's Basilica Tour in Venice Italy (skipping the line)
A tour to discover the Saint Mark's Basilica in St. Mark's Square of Venice: the meeting point, hours, fares and prices, seasonality and useful information.
St. Mark's Basilica's Tour - Saint Mark's Square - Venice
St. Mark's Basilica's Tour in St. Mark's Square of Venice: € 31 per person.This tour introduces to the main religious monument of Venice Italy that stay in Saint Mark's Square: Saint Mark's Basilica and its jewels of art kept inside like the Pala D'Oro, a priceless goldsmith work dating back to the Byzantine period; the Museum of the Basilica and the famous Four Horses (Roman or Ellenistic Sculptures) coming from the hippodrome of Constantinople.
This is a tour with an official guide of Venice and also includes the right to skip the line.
Finally a free optional tour to see Glass Craftsman Demonstration by visiting a Glass Factory close to Saint Mark's square (20 minutes tour).
St. Mark's Basilica Tour's PricePrice per person: € 31. Free under 6 years old. No minimum participants.
St. Mark's Basilica's TourBuilt in the 8th century as a dogal chapel, the Basilica of San Marco represents today the proof of the great colonial expansion of Venice, as it is largely built with exhibition material, imported from the eastern colonies. The relic of the Saint Mark arrives on January 31st 828, stolen by two legendary Venetian merchants and navigators: Rustico da Torcello and Buono da Malamocco. It is said that in order to steal the body of San Marco the two merchants hid it under a load of pork that was able to pass through the customs without inspection because of the well-known contempt of Muslims for this food.
Its architecture was inspired by Santa Sofia Cathedral of Instanbul. It hosts the Pala d'oro, an exquisite example of byzantine goldsmith art with thousands of gems and stones.
Glass Craftsman DemonstrationLast stop of this tour is a Glass Craftsman Demonstration by visiting a Glass Factory nearby Saint Mark's square (20 minutes tour).
Duration of St. Mark's Basilica's Tour– 1 hour (20 minutes more for the Glass craftsman at work in St. Mark's Square). It ends at 01.00 p.m.
Meeting point in Saint Mark's SquareOnce arrived in St. Mark's Square you'll meet your guide beside the Clock Tower (not the Bell Tower) nearby the Basilica. There's a money exchange in the corner and there you'll find our official guide with a sign with the written Tour.
Hours and days of St. Mark's Basilica's Tour– From Monday to Saturday at 12.00 a.m. (not available on Sunday, January 1st and 6th, April 25th, June 22th, August 15th, November 1st and 8th, December 25th).
– Meeting time: 11.45 a.m.
– Starting time: 12.00 a.m.
Languages available for St. Mark's Basilica's Tour– From April to October: from Monday to Saturday English, French, Spanish and German. Italian only on Saturday.
– From November to March: English from Monday to Saturday - German on Monday and Friday - French on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - Spanish on Wednesday and Saturday.
What includes St. Mark's Basilica's Tour– This is a shared guided tour with a qualified and experienced guide.
– Tickets "Skip the line" for St Mark's Basilica and the Pala D'oro (1 hour inside the Basilica); audio receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people.
– Clients enjoy part of explaination comfortably seated in the middle of the cathedral.
– Free sale until the beginning of the tour.
Cancellation policy for St. Mark's Basilica's TourReservations can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the tour. Tour doesn't operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of unplanned religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
Accessibility and useful information for St. Mark's Basilica's Tour– This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities.
– You should have the voucher where is written “service provided by Venice Tours Srl”. Mobile vouchers are accepted.
– The tour could be shared with guests not belonging to the same party.
– Sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Basilica: prior to your visit you must deposit them at the Ateneo San Basso (St.Mark’s Square – Calle San Basso). The storage service is free of charge, but please allow sufficient time!
– To enter to the Basilica proper clothing are required (no short or tank pops).